This week’s topic for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted as always by The Broke and the Bookish) calls for ten facts about me. I’ve always loved hearing little details about people, so I’m quite looking forward to reading these! For mine, I decided to go with bookish facts.
- I read for at least an hour every day. My commute to work is an hour each way, which gives me plenty of reading time, and I usually read a little more before bed.
- Since November(ish), I’ve been reading mostly ebooks (and lately audiobooks). Getting library books on my ereader is just so convenient!
- I have some cute bookmarks, but nine times out of ten, I’m using some random scrap of paper like a receipt to mark my place.
- My favorite audiobook narrator is Khristine Hvam. I loved her narration of Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I need a full list of books she’s done!
- I like a lot of genres, but for the past year, I’ve been reading a ton of YA fantasy. It might be my favorite genre.
- I love to sit in the sun and read on my parents’ porch. One of my least favorite things about living in an apartment is not having a good place to sit outside and read when the weather is nice.
- Despite living in a major city, I’m still using my hometown library to get most of my books. I blame my New York pride.
- My favorite book as a kid was Ella Enchanted, which I have definitely mentioned here before. I re-read it a few weeks ago and it was just as good as I remembered. I was so relieved to find that I still liked it and I totally thought the story held up. Nothing is worse than being underwhelmed by your childhood favorites. (I re-watched Jumanji a few years ago and the crocodile was much less scary than I remembered. I was terrified of it when I was little!)
- I’m currently very afraid that I won’t finish The Golem and the Jinni before it is due back to the library. It’s due within the next two days and I still have six hours left.
- As of March, I work in academic publishing. So far, I’m really enjoying it!
Like I said, I’m excited to get back into reading other people’s TTTs. It’s good to be blogging again. Thanks for stopping by!