Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday here at Great Exhortations, hosted as always by the Broke and the Bookish. In honor of the new year, this week’s topic covers our resolutions for this year. Read on to see mine.
1. Read 60 books: As I mentioned in my last post, my reading goal for 2016 is 60. This is the same as my goal from 2015, but I’m anticipating having less free time this year.
2. Be more active on my GE Twitter: I have a personal Twitter, which I use quite a bit (mostly to tweet funny things my friends say), as well as a Great Exhortations Twitter, which I neglect. I want to get better about tweeting and interacting with the book blogging community.
3. Create a GE Instagram: I’ve been wanting to do this for ages, but I haven’t because having to sign in and out of two Instas on my phone seems like a pain. Thankfully, my boyfriend got me a tablet for Christmas, which I’m planning to use for a GE Instagram.
4. Finish writing my novel…: I wrote about 23k words of a novel in December and I want to finish a preliminary draft soon.
5. …And iron out the details…: I love fantasy. I live for it. But world-building takes a ton of time, and I am totally the type to get caught up on details.
6. …And make progress in editing it and getting criticism: Writing is all about revision, and I’m really looking forward to reaching the point where I can actually comb through my scenes, get opinions, and make improvements.
7. Move to a job I like: This has nothing to do with reading, writing, or my blog, but I really need to move to a new job this year. I’ve been at my current job for about a year and six months now, and I’ve disliked it this entire time. I need to move to a different sort of environment.
8. Get better about blogging: My blogging in 2015 was sporadic, unpredictable, and mostly on Tuesdays (for obvious reasons). I want to get better about blogging on a set, regular schedule.
9. Finally read Ferragost by Melina Marchetta: WHAT AM I WAITING FOR??
10. Try audiobooks more: They’re so convenient for driving, walking, or doing mindless work. I have a problem staying focused (my mind tends to wander), but I very much enjoyed my first audiobook experience last month and I’m keen to try it again.
Share your resolutions with me in the comments! Thanks for stopping by.