Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday here on Great Exhortations. This week’s prompt from The Broke and the Bookish is to write some sort of gratitude list, basically a Thanksgiving freebie. I went with mostly bookish things, with just a couple of personal ones thrown in.
1. I’m thankful for this blog. It’s been a great few months of semi-regular blogging.
2. I’m thankful that I started going to the library about a year ago. Making regular trips to the library was really the inciting incident that got me here.
3. I’m thankful that Thanksgiving is this week. After spending all day cooking on Thanksgiving, I always feel how I imagine successful marathoners must feel. Very accomplished, but too tired to stand up for very long.
4. I’m thankful that even though my professional life hasn’t been fulfilling for the past year and a half after graduating from college, I have a great support system of friends, family, and SO.
5. I’m thankful that I finally managed to complete a first full outline of my novel. It just happened yesterday and I’ve been on cloud nine for the past 12 hours.
6. I’m thankful that November was an amazing reading month (10 books so far!) and I’ve already demolished my reading goal for the year. Excelsior!
And I am of course thankful for anyone who takes time out of their day to read my silly posts. You’re all wonderful.