I always see blog tags that look like fun, but it looks like I can’t follow through when I actually get tagged! Anthea from YA Book Space tagged me in the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award last month. Thank you so much, Anthea!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their website
- Use the award logo on your post
- Answer the 10 questions provided by the blogger who tagged you
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- Ask them 10 questions
Sounds like fun! My answers are behind the cut.
1. What is your favourite standalone novel? I’m realizing now that a lot of my favorite books have at least one sequel, but I’ve compiled a little list of favorite standalones: Great Expectations (obviously), Pride and Prejudice, The Song of Achilles, On the Jellicoe Road, The Graveyard Book, Ella Enchanted.
2. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks? I have nothing against ebooks, but I tend to gravitate towards physical books. I own a Nook and have read a few books on it, but I’m usually reading a physical book.
3. Where do you buy your books from? I’ve been taking advantage of my local library system lately, so I haven’t purchased any books in a while. In the past I’ve just bought from Barnes and Noble because there aren’t a ton of book stores in my area, but I’ve found a local bookstore from which I am determined to order.
4. How many books do you own? Probably around 100? My collection is split between my apartment and my parents’ house, so it’s a rough estimate.
5. If you could write a book (or are writing a book) what is/would it be about? I’ve been gravitating towards fantasy as of late, in both my reading selections and my writing.
6. What ‘hyped’ book did you not like and why? I just finished The Girl on the Train and I was super disappointed. Part of it was well-constructed, but I still found it too predictable.
7. Are there any book to movie adaptations where you preferred the movie to the book? I liked both Neil Gaiman’s Stardust and Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary better as movies.
8. Name a popular book series that everyone has read, but you haven’t and why haven’t you read it? The Lunar Chronicles! Everyone has read and loves that series but I’ve never managed to get my hands on it. I’m sure I would love it, since it looks like sci-fi fairy tales and I love both of those things.
9. Tell me a book that you love but not many people seem to know about it. I’m such a broken record about Melina Marchetta, but I’m still going to say The Lumatere Chronicles. They’re so good and I wish more people would read them!
10. What are your top 5 favourite series? Lumatere (obviously), Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, maybe the Grisha trilogy, Saving Francesca/The Piper’s Son (if that counts as a series).
For my nominations, I’m only going to tag three blogs. Whenever I look for people to tag, it seems like everyone has already done it!
- Laura from Once Upon a Bookshelf…
- Carlisa from Confessions of a Carlisa
- Louise from Exploring by Starlight
Here are my questions:
- How many books do you average a month?
- What’s your favorite book cover?
- If you could be best friends with any book character, who would it be?
- What’s your method for holding your place in a book? (Remembering the page number, just looking for where you left off, bookmarks, etc.)
- What genres do you avoid?
- If you could recommend one book to everyone you know, what would it be?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What was the most recent book you abandoned?
- What book do you want to see turned into a TV show or movie?
- Where do you like to read?
If I tag you and you’ve already been tagged, just ignore me. And if you want to be tagged, let me know and I’ll link to your blog in this post!