I’ll be leaving for Costa Rica on Friday, August 14th! I haven’t been back in six years, plus a group of my friends are flying down too, so it’s a doubly exciting trip. My friends will be with me for the last seven days, so I only have three days to squeeze in visits with all of my relatives. I don’t anticipate a ton of reading time on this vacation, but I’ve got four flights during which I want to read.
In preparation, I’ve requested seven books from my library system. I doubt all seven will make it to my local branch before Thursday, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to take at least three or four of them. I tried to go with stuff I’ve been wanting to read, which ended up being all YA. Here’s my requested list:
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
Side note: I’ve already spotted other books on my To-Read list that I wish I’d requested, but there’s no sense in adding more.
In addition to these library books, I also have a few books in my apartment that I’ve been meaning to read.
- Love Water Memory by Jennie Shortridge
- Local Girls by Caroline Zancan
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
I will likely end up taking some combination of library books and books I own. I’m aiming to take between four and six total, though this will probably be an ambitious number of books considering how busy I’ll be. I’ll be posting updates on my vacation reading list periodically, so stay tuned!